Here We Are Going To Take A Look At Mcdonald’s Mission Statement 2021 And McDonald’s Vision Statement.
Most people knew that Ray Kroc had started the McDonald’s restaurant chain but it is not true. The company followed the vision of Ray Kroc. Without his vision, the American fast-food chain could not have been the famous global brand that it is now. The chain was established by the McDonald brothers, Richard and Maurice in 1940.
Here, we are going to cover the topics like What is Mcdonald’s vision statement.
The McDonald’s mission infrastructure was first founded by the two McDonald’s brothers and then enhanced under the guidance of Ray Kroc. You can look at Kroc’s early life and you will be realized; how much Ray Kroc’s life circumstances and philosophies inspired the growth of the McDonald’s brand.
McDonald’s, the largest fast-food restaurant chain in the world, has its own corporate mission and vision statements in response to the needed changes in the global foodservice industry environment. The company perceives its corporate vision and mission statements as a key components and strategic management tools to ensure steady growth.
A corporate mission statement of a company generally develops the purpose and relevant activities for a successful business. Here, in this case, McDonald’s mission statement helps to identify the company as a lovable and favorite foodservice destination.
A company defines its corporate vision statement to set its future goals for the growth of the business. But McDonald’s vision statement motivates the company to promote success and improvement.
There is also another reason for considering the corporate mission and vision statement for McDonald’s. The company has its major international rivals such as Starbucks, Wendy’s, Burger King, Subway, and Dunkin’ Donuts, also small companies or local firms. That’s why it needs to build strategies to handle the impact of competition in order to accomplish business goals based on the company’s mission and vision.
|Specialized in serving||Restaurants, Food,|
|Geographic Areas Served||Worldwide|
|Current CEO||Chris Kempczinski|
|Revenue||$ 27.56 billion (2012)|
|Profit||$ 5.46 billion (2012)|
|Rivals or Competitors||Subway, Burger King Worldwide, KFC, NC., Wendy’s Company, Yum! Brand Inc., and many more companies.|
McDonald’s Corporate Mission Statement
Mcdonald’s corporate mission statement is “to be our customers’ favorite place and way to eat and drink.” This mission statement reveals the importance of customers towards the company as the main business priority with their best-quality foods and beverages. This mission statement has been updated by McDonald’s to focus on how valuable the customer is.
This emphasis reflects that not only does the organization aim to satisfy their customers, but also fulfill their expectations and needs. The company always maintains its position as a great influencer to the clients, while taking the decision of purchasing foods and beverages. McDonald’s corporate mission statement includes two main components in the following:
- Customers’ favorite place to eat and drink
- Customers’ favorite way to eat and drink
Through this mission statement, McDonald’s Corporation wants to promote itself as one of the favourite to their potential customers. In order to support this aspect, the company highly considers the preferences of their customers. It is one of their utmost determinants for the progress of their business.
The company focuses on the demands of the customers to make it a favorite place to access. They organize their foods and recipes in order to satisfy the needs of the customers. They have introduced fast food items such as French fries and burgers.
The components of the McDonald’s corporate mission statement are to keep focusing on two points: becoming the favorite place of the customers to hanging out and becoming the favorite way to eat and drink.
The following components are the main concepts to be developed through the Mission statement:
- Health Improvement: MacDonald’s understands the importance of food when it comes to its clients’ wellbeing or health. To keep this in mind, the company has implemented a policy that prioritizes the freshness of the food served to its clients. Therefore, the company always tends to change the cooking method and style to ensure the customers that quality comes first to the company.
- Favorite Place to eat and drink for customers: To create an amazing, peaceful environment for its customers is the first preference of MacDonald’s after the first-class food offered by the company. The company takes care of what their customers actually want and they like to stay updated with those features. McDonald’s delivers an ambient atmosphere and services that allow a client feel the warmth in their office to satisfy all these needs.
Wi–Fi is another important aspect, that makes the restaurant crowded and a better place for the clients to eat food and spend a couple of times. The company also follows other architectural elements and structural elements that are absolutely outstanding.
- Enhancing customer expectation: McDonald’s is a company whose popularity in the global foodservice industry is tied to its high-quality food and esteemed facilities. It offers its customers a variety of good food and awesome meals with excellent packages to keep them happy and satisfied. PlayPlaces and parties give the customers pleasure and fun while they enjoy their meals. But it’s not the end. McDonald’s has a lot more that reveals exactly how much it reaches its customer’s expectations.
As a fast-food service provider, McDonald’s develops the structure and style of the restaurant skillfully. It helps to attract more customers coming to their places and enjoy foods. It increases the productivity of the company with the best customer experience.
This business strategy of developing a perfect menu with a beautiful and safe environment assists the company’s food place and franchised locations in becoming one of the favorite places for eating and drinking.
The corporate mission statement’s “favorite way” component reveals that the company has the intention to influence people about how to eat and drink in a proper place with the best services.
Through the mission components, the company has always been tried to influence the behavior of people effectively. The main motto of this McDonald’s mission statement is to create a major impact on customers, especially by developing the company, making the quality of products, providing the best services, and introducing itself as the popular, favorite and exclusive brand across the world.
McDonald’s Corporate Vision Statement
McDonald’s corporate vision statement defines “to move with velocity to drive profitable growth and become an even better McDonald’s serving more customers delicious food each day around the world.” This statement is added in the vision statement particularly, as a great inclusion in the growth plan for the company. It was introduced in 2017.
There was a previous vision statement of the company “Our overall vision is for McDonald’s to become a modern, progressive burger company delivering a contemporary customer experience.” It was changed and the key components of the company’s new corporate vision statement are in the following:
- Move with velocity to drive profitable growth: In this component, the company emphasis on its aim to develop the business into a large corporation worldwide and it can only achieve by the company being more deliberate with clear and successful thoughts during broadening and diversifying its programs. The company is more focused to venture new ideas to maintain the business brand ensuring it’s going to acquire more profit.
- Become an even better McDonald’s: McDonald’s has never been compromised with the quality it provides. The company is still at the forefront of innovation and the latest strategies, with its team of experts to make its services a step better.
In addition, the steady development of its marketing strategies and the inclusion of specialists and progressive training in the business will lead to the expected perfections and success in every project. This ambition and eagerness set by the company standards in the food industry, making it the largest and still a pioneer.
- Serve more customers delicious food each day across the world: This component connects with the first one as it reveals the presence of Macdonald’s across the world with the development and profitability of the company. Currently, the company is more desirable to conquer the industry through its innovative setting up of new joints around the world.
The first and third components of McDonald’s vision statement indicate the main purpose of the business is to develop and expand its services all over the world. The second component shows their willingness to become a better company for providing their customers in a better way.
The vision statement actually reveals the aim of launching more locations by enhancing the operational efficiency to improve a good profit by satisfying their customer’s needs.
The objective embodied in this corporate vision statement is to support the growth strategies, competitive strategies, and expansion of McDonald’s. The second component aims at developing the business with more happy customers. But one thing, it is not clearly specified in the corporate vision which type of improvement the company is willing.
Moreover, it is true that McDonald’s intends to incorporate extensive enhancements for their business to cover up diverse areas including manufacturing, product development, franchising, marketing, and human resource development.
Through this corporate vision statement, the company is looking for progress and an overall improvement in the different areas of the fast-food restaurant chain business.
McDonald’s core values define “we place the customer experience at the core of all we do, we are committed to our people, we believe in the McDonald’s system, we operate our business ethically, we give back to our communities, we grow our business profitably, and we strive continually to improve.” The core values provide a perfect culture of success for the company.
At McDonald’s, recognizing the relevance of customers’ needs and desires is strongly regarded. The company is also concerned about respect for people and created an environment where the business can grow with its all partners in a justified manner.
McDonald’s Corporate Vision & Corporate Mission – Recommendations
Many people might be satisfied with McDonald’s mission statement but it doesn’t specify all the criteria for enhancing ideal mission statements. The company doesn’t include info about international target markets, global consumers, stakeholders, etc. Whereas, it has included good products, their business strategies, self-concept to achieve success in the corporate mission statement. Macdonald’s should improve its corporate mission statement by adding certain additional information and it needs to be simpler to enhance the business across the world.
McDonald’s vision statement is solid to fulfill the criteria for developing ideal vision statements. It is clear and to the point and also aims to focus on the future which makes the statement suitable for expansion of the future business. Also, the willingness to become an even better McDonald’s recognizes the corporate vision statement as satisfactory, encouraging, and challenging.